Postpartum & Newborn care specialist
The first few weeks after the baby is born can be a beautiful and over whelming experience for both parents and the baby. As a postpartum doula, I am there to help you develop and settle into your new routine during those first days/weeks. I do 4 hours of postpartum support during the day that consist of:
* Guiding you though supportive postnatal care, allowing you time to gently recover from your childbirth and providing you companionship and reassurance in your journey into parenthood.
* Offer breastfeeding support: identifying issues, offer help with pumping , offering tips, feeding/changing tracking and referring out if needed.
* Provide meal preparation for you and your family if needed.
* Help with light housekeeping and errands.
* Help with newborn care and sibling care/integration.
* Accompanying mother and infant to doctor's appt
*Nursery organization for optimal infant care
*Run small errands, light household help and light meal prep
*Making appropriate referrals when necessary
*Reassuring you that you are doing a fantastic job
newborn care specialist
The responsibilities of a NCS is exclusively for the care of an infant. This experienced service provided includes:
*feeding, bathing, changing the infant
*initiating a schedule for sleeping, meals, nap and play time.
Other responsibilities include advising and providing any requested consultation on infant needs, swaddling, breastfeeding guidance, cord and circumcision care and nursery organization. Many NCS have been providing care to new moms for decades! I bring to the family years of practical experience, evidence based information and a caring heart.
A good night’s sleep or an experienced helping hand is by far the biggest need for parents with an infant. For overnight service, I typically do a 10 hour shift in which I arrive between 9pm and stay till 7 am, allowing parents to sleep and feel well rested for the next day. For a day service, I typically will do an 8-10 hour shift depending on distance and time travel.